19 Nov 2022
10:10 - 11:00
Keynote: Performance Rules
Jono Alderson – Head of SEO @ Yoast & Arnout Hellemans – Search and Analytics Consultant @ OnlineMarkethink
1 minute video preview
Cynthia – Online Marketer, feedback through our #CH2022 attendee survey:
Lots of energy! Exactly what we needed. Also great take aways which I’m about to test at our clients.
Questions asked by attendees through our #CH2022 app:
- How do you balance optimizing for business vs optimizing for the climate?
- How long does 0.2 seconds feel for users?
- Are you ever finished with ‘fix the basics’ since there are so many best practices out there?
- Uplifts found in online business cases are notoriously unreliable. How often have you actually tested/checked whether the 10% at 0.1s is real?
- So when do you start A/B testing vs. just fixing the basics?
- Hmmm google products are culprit of slowing it down, what’s the alternative?
- If you start from scratch, what system would you build a site on?
- Server-side Google Tag Manager?
- What would you advice to the testing platforms around this weekend, being responsible those scripts adding a lot to load?
- The code you optimise is also site wide. Nobody owns the site wide code. How do you optimise this code nobody owns?
- What is the carbon cost to cache “forever” clientside?
- What’s more important: getting a webpage live or delaying a release until performance budgets are met.
- Super interesting talk. Thanks! What about speed for apps?
- Maybe we need a climate agreement on web performance?