Keynote: Expedition Gold – Elis Ligtlee & Jan Roelfs
5 minute video summary
Wouter – CRO Consultant, feedback through our #CH2019 attendee survey:
Just really inspiring story of Elis Ligtlee. Also credits to Jan Roelfs he was a good host! Great last talk to finish the conference.
Questions asked by attendees through our #CH2019 app:
- You had already won so many gold medals. What did the olympic medal mean to you?
- How did you manage set backs when your aim was to win?
- Has taking part in the TV programma Meer dan Goud helped you to accept what happened? That you were not alone in the pain and stress after winning a medal?
- How do you look at the current track cycling nowadays, where the Dutch are very successful. Can you enjoy this?
- How fast do you go during a race?
- Would it be possible to ‘fall in love’ again? Just like in ‘romantic’ life?
- As an ex top sporter, what are your goals nowadays? What’s the gold medal now?
- The ending was a downer. can you look back in love at your long, long career?
- Not a question – just sorry that you had to deal with the coach’s comments.
- Has there been a moment when you looked back at the race that you were afraid you would not win?
- What is the balance in suffering to reach your goal and having fun in what you do?
- Did the coach ever told his side?
- No question, just massive respect for sharing
- Do you feel the fun of cycling was stolen from you? Or do you feel you made that decision yourself
- Have you ever spoken to your coach about what he said? Does he know what he did?
- Nobody here agrees with Bill Huck. You’re a champ and no hater can beat that!
- Were you ever angry with the press for publishing the comment from your coach?