23 Nov 2019
10:05 - 10:35
Keynote: Data Science Demystified
5 minute video summary
Niels – Data Analyst, feedback through our #CH2019 attendee survey:
She got a lot of people really motivated to get started with coding.
Questions asked by attendees through our #CH2019 app:
- Any learnings you can share for analyzing experiments?
- “You say “”Real progress starts when you put your work online””. I can imagine that posting your work online (minus the actual data) won’t go over well with managers or legal dept. at many companies… “
- Would you say most data scientists at bigger companies access apis/databases/warehouses themselves, or is that more the job of a data pipeline engineer?
- What are things that data scientists do not do?
- How to start? Learn r or python basic programming first?
- What’s your take in Julia?
- Do people really need to learn to code? Or can we use low/no-code tools?