22 Nov 2019
17:00 - 17:30
Keynote: A look into the future of Data Governance
5 minute video summary
Marten – Digital Strategist & UX Marketer, feedback through our #CH2019 attendee survey:
I think she rocked this hard to explain talk!
Questions asked by attendees through our #CH2019 app:
- GDPR restrict s cross referencing data with societal Fall out (recent case elderly people living in poverty not knowing they can get more governmental money) Your view?
- How to compete on protecting on personal data protection if you can’t measure conversion as well as the competition when applying the cookie wall?
- Can we do A/B testing under legitimate interest or should companies ask for consent? (creating non-random groups)
- Is there a future of professional codes of ethics and professional/individual liability for data workers?
- What is your take on personalisation and machine learning versus privacy and the protection of the customer from manipulation and emotional blackmail (exploiting people in weak situations)
- Is it worth investing time and money in GDPR legislation for smaller companies when their risk of being prosecuted is also lower?
- Are we allowed to store all the user data forever once consent is given?
- Does differential privacy have a sustainable future?
- Can we not invent a dataset which is untraceable for other to a person but not to the user itself like for example blockchain (or another technique)
- Isn’t governance much to slow? When they try to set rules for the big tech companies, they are always late
- Can law makers keep up with tech innovation in regards to privacy?
- What is your view on customer responsibility? Like in food, you can make unhealthy food, within guidelines, but it’s the user’s responsibility and choice to eat it.
- How do you suggest to approach layers that complicate a lot the user experience, don’t considering how to communicate consents?
- What would be more valuable? Setting rules for companies? Or creating more awareness by the customers?
- Do you think good data governance and transparency towards the customer could be used for new business development?
- How to create the cumbaya or level playing field?