20 Nov 2015
15:00 - 15:45
Peep Laja – Strategy
How to turn data into customers
Scroll down to read the summary, watch the video and dowload the slides!
Summary Peep Laja
Bullet point summary by Theo van der Zee:
- Using a list of ‘100+ conversion checkpoints’ doesn’t work, you need a strategy first to get results.
- Key metrics to keep track of: testing velocity, number of winning tests, uplift per experiment.
- Without knowing what your users want, you simply can’t optimize a website: stop testing bullshit.
- No amount of persuasion will save your website if it doesn’t work on the users’ browser.
- The Fogg Behavior Model maps out motivation, vs. ability vs. triggers for intended behavior.
- Identify where money is leaking, and learn about what users are (not) doing on those pages.
- Heatmaps might make you liked more by your CEO, but don’t necessarily offer much insights.
- Stop doing multiple choice in surveys, and ask users as soon as possible after converting.
- Determine what friction they experienced, and what was their general shopping experience.
- Poll users during checkout: “What’s holding you back from making a purchase right now”.
- What users say and what users do are often entirely different.
Slides Peep Laja