20 Nov 2015
17:00 - 17:45
Oli Gardner – Landing pages
The Four Corners of Conversion – Understanding the Intersection of Copy, Design, Interaction & Psychology
Scroll down to read the summary, watch the video and dowload the slides!
Summary Oli Gardner
Bullet point summary by Theo van der Zee:
- Make sure your products and services can deliver well on what your marketing promotes.
- Delight should be the default, not the exception of the customer experience of your users.
- The effectiveness of your landing page is mainly determine by the order of your information.
- Flipping your main and secondary headline can often increase clarity.
- You can send traffic to: homepage, internal page, or landing page.
- Never. Start. A. Landing. Page. Without. A. Dedicated. Landing. Page.
- Often removing links from your landing pages can increase conversion rate.
- Make sure you stand out; whatever stands out gets more attention.
- When you make your buttons look like buttons, they get more clicks.
- Putting stuff in close proximity to buttons might cost conversions.
- Scroll jacking is terrible, because they make it hard to scroll.
- ‘Because’ is the most persuasive word in the English language.
- Button text: don’t use ‘free’, ‘my’ > ‘your’, action words, urgency.
Slides Oli Gardner