Harry Brignull – Dark patterns
Dr. Harry Brignull is a PhD in Cognitive Science and founded the website DarkPattens.org – he will explain you when motivating users becomes misleading users.
Scroll down to read the summary, watch the video and dowload the slides!
Summary Harry Brignull
Bullet point summary by Theo van der Zee:
- Most tricks con artists use can only work when the victim isn’t aware; sharing increases awareness.
- People spend as little attention to a page as possible; it’s what dark patterns are designed for.
- Online up-sells are like supermarket managers silently are adding items to your shopping cart.
- Most dark patterns work via the ‘easy in, difficult out’ pattern.
- LinkedIn’s dark UX patterns recently attracted at 13 million fine.
Slides Harry Brignull