21 Nov 2015
11:00 - 11:30
Brent Dykes – Data storytelling
Storytelling with data – that’s what you need for data driven impact!
Scroll down to read the summary, watch the video and dowload the slides!
Summary Brent Dykes
Bullet point summary by Theo van der Zee:
- Convincing us that telling a story beats merely informing informing stakeholders about the data.
- Research shows: stories are much more memorable than any of the data points that we can share.
- The path to Value: Data to Reporting to Analysis to decision to Action to Value.
- Data Story telling combines data with emotions.
- Narrative + Visual + Data leads to change.
- Make sure you know your audience: goals, needs, seniority, etc.
- Structure your analysis results as a story, and see your organization grow.
- Use data to insert heroes into your customers; personas on steroids.
- Try separating charts by ungrouping them; it layers the data.
Slides Brent Dykes